UAE Cultural Awareness Course
This course provides insights and direction for business professionals working with Emirati peers. By taking the course, learners will gain the skills and understanding to successfully navigate the key cultural challenges commonly faced by individuals working with Emiratis. The course will also equip learners with the ability to build positive, trusting relationships and to maximise their business outcomes.
Who should take this course:
This e-Learning course is suitable for learners of all levels who either work with Emiratis remotely, or for those visiting or moving to the UAE.
It has been produced with a professional audience in mind and is useful for anyone looking for cultural insights to help them in their roles.
The course addresses many of the common cultural challenges faced by foreigners working with Emiratis and consistently receives excellent feedback from learners.
This invaluable training course is made up of 8 chapters focusing on specific aspects of Emirati culture, the people and their approach to work and business.
- Chapter 1: Overview - Framing the course content and its benefits to foreigners working with Emiratis.
- Chapter 2: Religion - Uncovering the key influences of Islam within Emirati society, its core beliefs and how it shapes their world view.
- Chapter 3: The Emirates - Learning about the seven Emirates that make-up the country and how they work together through their leaders.
- Chapter 4: Values - Understanding core Emirati values and their impact on the local culture and their way of life.
- Chapter 5: Communication Style - Exploring the Emirati approach to communication, how they say 'no', show politeness, give opinions and manage disagreements.
- Chapter 6: Business Culture - Covering critical aspects of Emirati business culture, such as relationship building, consensus building, negotiations and meetings.
- Chapter 7: Etiquette & Taboos - Appreciating common taboos and etiquette to ensure foreigners present themselves positively when in the UAE.
- Chapter 8: Stereotyping - Affirming that when working with anyone from the UAE, it is important not to draw upon stereotypes.
Assessment is carried out during the course.
You will be asked multiple choice questions as well as questions based around case studies and workplace scenarios.
With a pass mark of 85%, the answers are marked automatically so you know instantly whether you have passed. If you don't pass, then not to worry! You can take the test as many times as you need and there’s no extra charge.