Saudi Arabia Cultural Awareness Course
This course provides insights and direction for business professionals working with Saudi Arabian peers. By taking the course, learners will gain the skills and understanding to successfully navigate the key cultural challenges commonly faced by individuals working with Saudis. The course will also equip learners with the ability to build positive, trusting relationships and to maximise their business outcomes.
Who should take this course:
This e-Learning course is suitable for learners of all levels who either work with Saudis remotely, or for those visiting or moving to the country.
It has been produced with a professional audience in mind and is useful for anyone looking for cultural insights to help them in their roles.
The course addresses many of the common cultural challenges faced by foreigners working with Saudis, whether clients, colleagues, suppliers or anyone else.
This fascinating training course is made up of 8 chapters focusing on specific aspects of Saudi culture, the people, their religion and their approach to work and business.
- Chapter 1: Overview - Framing the course content and its benefits to foreigners working with Saudis.
- Chapter 2: Religion - Uncovering the key influences of Islam in Saudi society, its core beliefs and how it shapes identity.
- Chapter 3: Royal Family - Learning about the role of the Royal Family in Saudi Arabia and its importance within the local culture.
- Chapter 4: Values - Understanding core Saudi values and their impact on local culture and the way of life.
- Chapter 5: Communication Style - Exploring the Saudi approach to communication, how they share information, show politeness, give opinions and manage disagreements.
- Chapter 6: Business Culture - Covering critical aspects of Saudi business culture, such as relationship building, consensus building, negotiations and meetings.
- Chapter 7: Etiquette & Taboos - Appreciating common taboos and etiquette to ensure foreigners present themselves positively.
- Chapter 8: Stereotyping - Affirming that when working with anyone from Saudi Arabia, it is important not to draw upon stereotypes.
Assessment is carried out during the course.
You will be asked multiple choice questions as well as questions based around case studies and workplace scenarios.
With a pass mark of 85%, the answers are marked automatically so you know instantly whether you have passed. If you don't pass, then not to worry! You can take the test as many times as you need and there’s no extra charge.