Top Ten Tips: Excel for Accountants (Intermediate)
The Excel for Accountants (Intermediate) course is a short course consisting of 10 video-led modules. The course is primarily aimed at accounting professionals. It aims to teach ten important topics that will assist finance staff with daily Excel tasks.
Excel is an incredibly powerful tool for accountants, and it is a key skill that any accountant or accountancy professional should try to become familiar with. For financial insight and analysis, crunching numbers and compiling non-numerical data, Excel continues to be the tool of choice throughout the accounting and finance field.
Improving your Excel skills is a great accounting career move. With a large range of functionality it?s easy to get overwhelmed, particularly when you are just starting out. Master the basics of Excel and build a solid foundation in which to build further skills.
- PC or Mac with a full version of Microsoft Excel (any version from 2003 to 2013 or Microsoft 365).
- Not a requirement but a benefit to have some work-related projects to which you can readily apply what you learn.
- Accounting professionals and finance staff who are looking to build on their existing Excel skills
- Incorporate logical operators into formulas
- Create a Loan Amortization table using the PMT function
- MPerform more complex lookups using INDEX and MATCH
- Automate common tasks using Macros
Section 1: Introduction
- Unit 1.1 - Getting Started
Section 2: Date and Time Calculations
- Unit 2.1 - Formatting and Manipulating Dates and Times
Section 3: Looking Up Information
- Unit 3.1 - Looking up Functions
Section 4: Decision Making
- Unit 4.1 - Logical Functions
Section 5: Financial Functions
- Unit 5.1 - Creating a Loan Amortization Schedule
Section 6: PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Unit 6.1 - Data Cleaning Tips and Tricks
- Unit 6.2 - Creating and Working with PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Unit 6.3 - Analysing Large Data Sets
Section 7: WhatIf Analysis
- Unit 7.1 - The Three Types of What-If Analysis
Section 8: Automating tasks with Macros
- Unit 8.1 - Executing Repetitive Tasks Efficiently