Word 2007/10 PC
The ability to efficiently produce proposals, reports and a host of other business documents is an extremely valuable and transferable business skill. Such documents are used on a daily basis and the ability to write succinct documents enhances professional reputations and relationships.
Microsoft Word is the most commonly used word-processing tool in the business world for achieving this, but its functionality is often under-used. Our CPD UK certified course will give your staff the skills needed to use Word to its full potential and create better documents in less time.
We’ve consulted industry experts to create a syllabus that covers the functions and techniques required for business success.
The course, which employs a combination of written material, images, video examples and exercises, is structured into five sections:
Simple techniques to improve productivity
Structure and automation
Coping with common Word tasks
Managing Word documents and their production
Advanced tasks in Word
- Learn to write simple letters and to use templates for different occassions
- Format font, text and paragraphs in your documents with ease.
- Create lists, tables and schedules of figures.
- Write letters and envelopes, make address labels and learn to mail merge.
- Our training is applicable to all users, beginners looking to learn the ropes all the way through to experts looking to master advanced techniques.
- Whether for professional use or personal projects, the likelyhood is that you use Word in some capacity. Whether for writing letters, reports or essays, this course will teach you everything you need.
Section 1: Foundation
- Unit 1.1 - The Word Interface
- Unit 1.2 - A Simple Letter
- Unit 1.3 - Typing in the Right Place
- Unit 1.4 - Simple Paragraph Formatting
- Unit 1.5 - Templates
- Unit 1.6 - A Simple Letter, Better, Faster
Section 2: Basics
- Unit 2.1 - Font Formatting
- Unit 2.2 - Paragraph Formatting
- Unit 2.3 - Styles and Themes
- Unit 2.4 - Pages and Sections
- Unit 2.5 - Automating Word
- Unit 2.6 - Spelling and Grammar
Section 3: Common Tasks
- Unit 3.1 - Lists, Tables and Schedules of Figures
- Unit 3.2 - Envelopes and Labels
- Unit 3.3 - Mail Merge
- Unit 3.4 - Graphics
- Unit 3.5 - Create a Newsletter
- Unit 3.6 - Tips and Shortcuts
Section 4: Administration
- Unit 4.1 - Working Collaboratively
- Unit 4.2 - Printing and Other Output Formats
- Unit 4.3 - Customizing Word
- Unit 4.4 - Housekeeping
- Unit 4.5 - Basic Use of Macros
Section 5: Taking Word Further
- Unit 5.1 - Forms and Form Fields
- Unit 5.2 - Complex Numbering
- Unit 5.3 - Coping with Long Documents