PowerPoint 2003 Introduction
About the course
The way a business communicates with customers, employees and other organisations can have a huge influence on its success and productivity.
The famous psychologist Albert Mehrabian demonstrated that the way people take in information during a presentation is 55% visually, 38% vocally and only 7% through text. Put simply, a strong visual presentation will make your audience remember you - and your message.
PowerPoint is used to create eye-catching slide shows, overhead transparencies, printed handouts and speaker notes. This course shows employees how to use PowerPoint to prepare effective presentations so that they can get their message across clearly - saving time and improving business performance.
You’ll learn how to
- open and close PowerPoint and use the Office Assistant and help features
- gain a basic understanding of the PowerPoint screen and its components
- use the four main presentation views, Normal, Slide Sorter, Slide Show and Notes Page view
- use some basic navigational techniques, along with changing zoom settings
- create a new PowerPoint presentation and change presentation styles
- work with a new presentation, use design templates, use placeholders, add slides, change slide layouts and designs
- open files, move between presentations, save and close them
- create a presentation from existing PowerPoint files using the "Insert" menu and export a file to an outline format
- format a presentation, edit text, change and embed fonts and change text colours
- use transition and animation effects that can enhance slide show presentations
There are 25 modules in this course:
- Starting PowerPoint and Help
- Screen Components
- Presentation Views
- Navigation and Options
- Creating New Presentations
- Slide Development
- Opening Presentations
- Saving and Closing
- Importing and Exporting Slides
- Moving and Copying
- Formatting in Slide Pane
- Formatting in Outline Pane
- Arranging Slides
- Slide Layout
- Title and Slide Masters
- Multiple Masters
- Speaker Notes and Handouts
- Headers and Footers
- Spell Checking
- Finding and Replacing Text
- Modifying Charts
- Preparation and Printing
- Transition and Animation Effects
- Slide Show Features
- Packaging for CD
- Simulation training replicates the software you're learning, providing a realistic learning experience.
- Learn how to perform tasks at your own pace and interactively by following easy step-by-step actions.
- Reinforce your knowledge at the end of each lesson by completing interactive and multiple choice quiz questions.
- Lessons can be completed within 30 minutes so you can do your training in bitesize pieces.
- Bookmarking allows you to dip in and out, so you can learn whenever suits you.
- Course navigation features allow you to jump directly to specific topics of interest quickly and easily.
- Designed for people who require initial and refresher training activities.