Obstetrics & Neonatology
About this course
Healthcare and medical professions have their own vocabulary, a specialised language that allows for quick and efficient communication between its members while minimising potential misunderstandings. Whether you are new to the medical profession or need a refresher class, we have a medical terminology course that will give you the boost you are looking for to further your career! In this course, we will cover the medical language and terminology used by healthcare professionals everywhere (in this specific subject area). If you’re interested in pursuing a health career and need the ability to communicate with medical professionals, you will find this course a perfect fit by providing you with a solid foundation in medical language.
This course forms one (subject-specific) module of our comprehensive "Medical Terminology" programme (which is comprised of 17 subject modules in total). The full programme is recommended if you require an extensive primer in various core aspects of medical terminology.
- Describe the process of conception and how the zygote develops into a fetus.
- Identify the different stages of pregnancy and how each affects the developing fetus.
- Define specific terminology as it relates to childbirth and the neonate.
- Name diagnostic procedures performed during pregnancy, childbirth and post-delivery.
- Analyze medical prefixes, suffixes, combining forms and abbreviations for this specialty.
- List medications or treatments applicable to obstetrics and neonatology.
- Relate conditions and disorders unique to this medical specialty.
- 14.0 Conception
- 14.1 Maternal Milestones
- 14.2 Fetal Milestones
- 14.3 Chronological Gestational Journey of the Fetus
- 14.4 Physiology of Labor
- 14.5 Stage 1
- 14.6 Stage 2
- 14.7 Stage 3
- 14.8 Language of Obstetrics
- 14.9 Chapter 14 Activity 1
- 14.10 Neonate
- 14.11 Neonatal Scoring Methods
- 14.12 Neonatal Reflexes
- 14.13 Specialty of Neonatology
- 14.14 Common Conditions of Neonate (A-C)
- 14.15 Common Conditions of Neonate (H-I)
- 14.16 Common Conditions of Neonate (J-S)
- 14.17 Maternal risk factors for SIDS
- 14.18 OB and Neonatal Terminology (A)
- 14.19 OB and Neonatal Terminology (B-E)
- 14.20 OB and Neonatal Terminology (F)
- 14.21 OB and Neonatal Terminology (G-I)
- 14.22 OB and Neonatal Terminology (J-O)
- 14.23 OB and Neonatal Terminology (P)
- 14.24 OB and Neonatal Terminology (Q-Z)
- 14.25 Review of OB and Neonatal Terms
- 14.26 Pregnancy & Neonatal Diagnostic Tests
- 14.27 Obstetrical & Fetal Procedures (A-F)
- 14.28 Obstetrical & Fetal Procedures (I-Z)
- 14.29 Chapter 14 Activity 2 0
- 14.30 Review of Test & Procedure Terms
- 14.31 Infertility
- 14.32 Drug Categories
- 14.33 Chapter 14 Quiz 2
- 14.34 Prefixes, Suffixes and Combining Forms
- 14.35 Abbreviations
- 14.36 Chapter Review
- 14.37 Chapter 14 Test
- 14.36 Obstetrics & Neonatology Chapter Survey