About this course
Healthcare and medical professions have their own vocabulary, a specialised language that allows for quick and efficient communication between its members while minimising potential misunderstandings. Whether you are new to the medical profession or need a refresher class, we have a medical terminology course that will give you the boost you are looking for to further your career! In this course, we will cover the medical language and terminology used by healthcare professionals everywhere (in this specific subject area). If you’re interested in pursuing a health career and need the ability to communicate with medical professionals, you will find this course a perfect fit by providing you with a solid foundation in medical language.
This course forms one (subject-specific) module of our comprehensive "Medical Terminology" programme (which is comprised of 17 subject modules in total). The full programme is recommended if you require an extensive primer in various core aspects of medical terminology.
- Identify the structures of the digestive system and their functions.
- Describe the process of ingestion and digestion and how the process nourishes the body.
- Define common diseases and disorders, as well as treatments and medications, of the gastrointestinal system.
- Recognize common clinical procedures and laboratory tests used to diagnose and treat common gastrointestinal disorders.
- Interpret abbreviations that pertain to the gastrointestinal system.
- Recognize and define combining forms of the digestive system terminology.
- 11.0 Digestive System Video
- 11.1 Anatomy of Digestive System
- 11.2 Oral Cavity & Pharynx
- 11.3 Oral Cavity & Pharynx (continued)
- 11.4 Esophagus and Stomach
- 11.5 Small Intestine
- 11.6 Large Intestine
- 11.7 Cecum
- 11.8 Colon Segments
- 11.9 Abdominopelvic Cavity
- 11.10 Accessory Organs
- 11.11 Liver
- 11.12 Gallbladder
- 11.13 Pancreas
- 11.14 Physiology of Digestion
- 11.15 Digestive System Terms
- 11.16 Digestive Disorders
- 11.17 Mouth and Throat Disorders
- 11.18 Esophageal Disorders
- 11.19 Stomach Disorders
- 11.20 Intestinal Disorders
- 11.21 Accessory Organ Disorders
- 11.22 Chapter 11 Activity 1
- 11.23 Eating Disorder Terms
- 11.24 Mouth & Lip Terms
- 11.25 Esophagus & Stomach Terms
- 11.26 Duodenum, Jejunum & Ileum Terms
- 11.27 Cecum & Colon Terms
- 11.28 Rectum & Anus Terms
- 11.29 Abdominal Cavity Terms
- 11.30 Liver Terms
- 11.31 Gallbladder & Bile Duct Terms
- 11.32 Chapter 11 Quiz 1
- 11.33 Pancreas Terms
- 11.34 Chapter 11 Activity 2
- 11.35 Gastrointestinal System Tests and Procedures (A-C)
- 11.36 Gastrointestinal System Tests and Procedures (E-J)
- 11.37 Gastrointestinal System Tests and Procedures (L-U)
- 11.38 Liver Function Tests
- 11.39 Pancreatic Studies
- 11.40 Gastric and Stool Analysis
- 11.41 Chapter 11 Quiz 2
- 11.42 Digestive System Medications
- 11.43 Prefixes, Suffixes, Combining Forms and Abbreviations
- 11.44 Chapter Review
- 11.45 Chapter 11 – Test
- 11.46 Digestive System Chapter Survey