Anaphylaxis and Basic Life Support
Approximate learning time
This course will provide an overview of anaphylaxis; its causes, symptoms and treatment. It will then describe how to perform adult and paediatric basic life support. The content is based on current guidelines from the Resuscitation Council (UK).
This programme is suitable for any one who would benefit from an understanding of anaphylaxis and basic life support.
- What is anaphylaxis?
- Recognition of anaphyalxis
- Signs and symptoms
- Common triggers
- Treatment and management: auto injectors and adrenaline ‘packs’
Basic Life Support
- Recognition of cardio-respiratory arrest
- The risks to the rescuer during resuscitation / using AED
- How to perform basic life support
- The role of an automated external defibrillation
- The safe operation of an automated external defibrillator