This is a Medication Awareness course aims to support the use of medication in social care settings.
This course also identifies broad types, classifications and forms of medication. It provides an understanding of the safe handling and storage of medication, and also the need for accurate recording and reporting, reflecting social care principles and values.
By the end of the e-learning module, you will:
- Have an understanding of the legal framework for the use of medication in social care settings
- Know about common types of medication and their use
- Understand the different roles and responsibilities in the use of medication in social care settings
- Know techniques for administering medication
- Know how to receive, store and dispose of medication supplies safely
- Understand how to promote the rights of the individual when managing medication
- Know how to support the use of medication
- Know how to record and report on the use of medication.