Basic Life Support
This course will provide the learner with an awareness of procedures around basic life support.
- Understand the fears of First Aid
- Be aware of how to ask for permission to help
- Understand the importance of scene safety
- Be aware of how to carry out an initial assessment
- Be aware of the steps to take in order to place a patient in the recovery position
- Be aware of the chain of survival
- Know the circumstances under which resuscitation is performed
- Understand the term of AED
- Be aware of adult, child and infant choking
- Be aware of child and infant CPR
- Understand adult CPR includi
- ng how to undertake CPR on pregnant women .
The course links to: DC2D L2 Diploma in Care, DAC3D L3 Diploma in Adult Care, DAC4D L4 Diploma in Adult Care.