Working at Height
Falls from height continue to be a common cause of fatal and serious injuries in the workplace. The Working at Height Regulations 2005 require all working at height tasks to be properly planned and that those carrying out the work are competent. All risks have to be assessed, and appropriate work equipment selected, used, inspected and maintained. The regulations state that “a place is at height if a person could be injured falling from it, even if it is at or below ground level.” This course has been Approved by RoSPA
The perception of working at heights is that it only relates to tasks such as roof work and scaffolding and mostly affects certain industries, for example, construction. Yet in reality, as the 'height' is not specified, all industry sectors are exposed to the risks presented by working at heights. It is also perhaps surprising that a large number of major injuries and some fatalities occur from a fall from a low height. This Working from Heights awareness course allows you to train employees in proper safety practices and in the use and maintenance of any equipment required to ensure they are working safely at heights. It also allows you to raise awareness of the risks associated with low level falls and improve risk perception of low level working at heights.
In this training course employees will learn:
- Various situations that constitute working from a height
- The dangers associated with working at heights
- Safe working practices to be followed when working at heights
- How to use a ladder safely and the importance of inspecting equipment before use
Benefit to your Organisation
- Ensure employees/contractors are trained in proper safety practices and in the use and maintenance of any equipment required to ensure they are working safely at heights
- Raise awareness of the risks associated with low levels falls, improve risk perception and encourage better ownership of issues associated with working at heights
- Reduce the risks associated with infrequent or one-off working at height tasks
Any employees/contractors required to carry out tasks that involve working from a height.