Health and Safety: Level 3
This online RoSPA Approved Health and Safety Level 3 course will provide you with a thorough understanding of Health and Safety. This is a major qualification for any person including those wishing to make Health and Safety their chosen career.
The course looks at each area of health and safety that businesses may encounter and provides easy to follow information on how to undertake effective risk assessments and implement relevant, sufficient and appropriate control measures. The course gives a thorough guide to health and safety legislation and aims to raise awareness of the responsibilities that all people are expected to maintain.
This course is divided into 10 easy to follow interactive modules and includes a multiple choice test at the end. The content of the course covers the following:
- Legislation and Risk Assessments
- Reporting and Investigating Accidents
- The Workplace and Work Equipment
- Fire and Explosion Responsibilities
- Fire and Explosion Control Measures
- Working at Height
- Vehicles: Work Site Hazards
- Vehicles: Driver Standards
- Vehicle Safety
- Conflict and Violence
- Alcohol and Drugs
- Working Safely With Hazardous Substances (COSHH)
- Types of Hazardous Substances (COSHH)
- Manual Handling: Risk Assessment
- Manual Handling: Reducing the Risks
- Employee Welfare and Emergency Procedures
- Positive Health and Safety Culture
- Role of Managers, Supervisors and PPE
- Staff Training
Aims of the Course:
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by 'Health and Safety'
- Identify common workplace incidents and general ways to reduce their risk
- Recite the procedure to carry out in the event of a fire and know which fire extinguisher should be used
- Understand the importance and use of PPE
- Explain the basics of COSHH and how to minimise the risk of hazardous substances
- Identify different types of safety signs and know about first aid In the workplace
- Understand the basics of working at height
- Work with display screens correctly
- Deal with violence in the workplace
- Identify the key causes of stress
- List the Do’s and Don’ts when it comes to electrical equipment
This Health and Safety Level 3 online course is fully approved by both RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, and CPD.
The course is divided into modules with a short quiz at the end of each to test your knowledge. Once you have progressed through each of the modules you can access a Final Test which consists of multiple choice questions based on the material that you have studied.
Approximately 8-10 hours to complete. As an e-learning course you can complete this training in convenient stages.
Who Should Take This Course?
This Level 3 Health and Safety course is suitable for all employers and people who have a responsibility for providing good health and safety standards in the workplace. This includes those who have responsibility for training employees, maintaining standards and enforcing a positive health and safety culture at work.