Food Safety: Level 2 (Catering)
This Local Authority Approved Food Hygiene/Safety Level 2 course is ideal for anybody working with food or drink in the catering sector. The course is also designed for anybody wanting to work in the catering sector. The course covers all aspects of controlling food safety hazards, food storage, controlling temperatures, food preparation, personal hygiene and premises cleaning.
The course is divided into 6 easy to follow interactive modules and includes a multiple choice test at the end. The course covers:
- Food Safety Legislation – food handlers and the law
- Microbiological Hazards – the top 10 causes of food poisoning
- Physical, Chemical and Allergenic Hazards – types of physical contamination
- Food Storage – food labeling and storage
- Food Preparation – cooking, reheating, taking food temperatures
- Personal Hygiene – food handler responsibilities
- Food Premises Design and Cleaning Schedules – food premises and the law
- Further Information – Safer Food Better Business
Aims of the Training Course:
By the end of the course learners will be able to demonstrate that they can:
- Identify food hygiene hazards.
- Describe safe food practice.
- Apply controls to achieve high standards of food hygiene.
- Explain the principles of food safety management systems.
- Work in a way that is ethical for the consumer and fulfills your legal obligations as a food handler.
Our courses are fully interactive to ensure the learner remains engaged. Our course:
- Local Authority Approved
- Stop-Start technology meaning you learn at your convenience
- All device compliant meaning you can use laptop-tablet-smartphone
- Matches RSPH and CIEH level 2 syllabus
- Meets UK and EU legal requirements for food handlers
- Accredited by both the CPD and by iirsm
- Approximate duration: 1-2 Hours
Approximately 30-45 minutes to complete. As an e-learning course you can complete this training in convenient stages. .
Who Should Take This Course?
This Food Safety course is for anybody working in the food services industry. It is also for people wanting to work in the catering sector including bars/pubs; restaurants; hotels; fast food outlets etc. If you work with food or drink you must be trained in Food Hygiene/Safety so you can apply the learning to your work.
This course is suitable for people at all stages of their career and the skills and knowledge that you will gain will enable you to work confidently, competently and safely in the food catering sector.
Once you have completed all of the online course you will be able to take the multiple choice test. The test consists of 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%.