Nearly half of all accidents resulting from abrasive wheels happen due to unsafe working practices and operator errors. If you work with abrasive wheels then following strict health and safety practices is paramount in order to protect both yourself and others from harm.
This Abrasive Wheels course is divided into 5 easy to follow interactive modules and includes a multiple choice test at the end. The course covers:
- Introduction to Abrasive Wheels – who the course is for, what are abrasive wheels? Injuries and ill-health, legislation, employer and employee responsibilities and the hierarchy of control measures.
- Risk Assessment - what is a risk assessment? Identifying hazards, deciding who may be harmed, evaluating risks, recording findings and reviewing and updating.
- Risk Reduction Part 1 - can the task be avoided, wheel speed, wheel handling and storage, wheel mounting, mechanical guards, safe working practices, inspections and checks and dressing abrasive wheels.
- Risk Reduction Part 2 - PPE, eye protection, harmful dusts, dust extraction and PPE, vibration, noise, sparks, portable grinders, cables, training and emergency procedures.
Aims of the Training Course:
By the end of this course learners will have a thorough understanding of:
- Understand the legal and legislative aspects affecting abrasive wheel usage
- Define what we mean by different pieces of equipment
- Describe how abrasive wheels work and understand the associated risks
- Recall what can go wrong and why, including hazard identification and risk reduction
- Identify the properties of a wheel by looking at its markings
- Describe and recall the different types of abrasive wheels
This Intellelearn Abrasive Wheels course includes:
- Stop-Start technology meaning you learn at your convenience
- All device compliant meaning you can use laptop-tablet-smartphone at anytime
- Ensures compliance with UK Health and Safety legislation
- Developed by Health & Safety Professionals
- Accredited by both iirsm and CPD
- Approximate duration: 1-2 Hours
This Beer Styles online course is fully accredited by both iirsm (The International Institute for Risk and Safety Management) and CPD.
The course is divided into modules with a short quiz at the end of each to test your knowledge. Once you have progressed through each of the modules you can access a multiple choice quiz based on the material that you have studied.
This Abrasive Wheels course takes approximately 1-2 Hours to complete. As an e-learning course you can complete this training in convenient stages..
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is suitable for anyone who uses abrasive wheels in their work activities.