DriveAware - Prevention and Protection
Safe driving can be achieved by being prepared, assessing risk, and taking care of your physical and mental wellbeing. Many road traffic accidents could be avoided if more drivers were aware of good 'defensive driving' practice.
This course provides an awareness of safer driving, describing how a person's behaviours can affect their driving performance and safety on the road.
With its focus on accident prevention, this course explains what you can do to protect yourself and other road users, whilst also driving for fuel efficiency.
This course offers an introduction to and serves as a refresher for: company drivers, those working in logistics and transport, company directors, and anyone who uses the road and would like to know how to become a safer driver.
In this course you will learn:
- What defensive driving is
- How to apply 'the learning cycle' to improve your own driving
- How to carry out vehicle checks
- The basics of hazard awareness
- The System of Vehicle Control
- Recognising smart motorway systems
- The affects of alcohol consumption on driver performance
- Sleep deprivation and its affect on driving
- Mobile phone use whilst driving
- The Law on drink driving and mobile phone use, and government advice
About the course
This course consists of one module which overviews the concept of 'defensive' (safe and fuel-efficient) driving for company drivers and the general driving public .