Legionella and Legionnaires Disease Awareness
Occurrences of Legionella and the associated Legionnaires? Disease are increasing with as many as 350 cases reported in the UK last year.
This awareness course not only takes you through the history of the discovery of the Legionella bacteria, where it is found and how it is spread, but it also covers essential guidelines and legislation surrounding the management and control of the bacteria.
This is an engaging course about the risks of the Legionella bacteria and Legionnaires? disease, and how to reduce these. If you work in any environment where water is used or stored, you?ll want to take this course to understand the risks of Legionella and how to prevent them.
This course is aimed at employers, employees, landlords, business owners and everyone responsible for an environment where Legionella may present a risk, including all professionals working in health, education and social care.
This course is also suitable for home owners, parents, carers, people working in the sports and leisure industry, event organisers, fire fighters, manufacturers and suppliers, gardeners and anyone who may find themselves working in, around and with water.
In this course you will learn about:
- What the Legionella bacterium is and how it causes Legionnaires? disease
- How and where the Legionella bacteria grow and spread
- Who can contract Legionnaires? disease and what the symptoms are
- How Legionnaires? is diagnosed and treated
- The legislation surrounding the management, control, and prevention of Legionella bacteria
Legionella and Legionnaire?s Disease Awareness