Electricity is of great benefit when used correctly but can be extremely dangerous if misused so this course focuses on electrical injuries, dangerous situations and appropriate precautions."Electricity" looks at the law and the legal requirements for dealing with electricity and electrical equipment in the workplace. The course covers performing risk assessments and establishing effective control measures.
Participants will acquire the knowledge and skills to:
- Promote electrical safety in the workplace and at home
- The dangers of misuse are identified
- Safety issues are brought to the fore with particular attention to dangerous situations and potential injuries
- On completion of this course you will have a firm grasp of the potential hazards involved in using electricity, including dangerous situations and safety precautions
- You will understand the need for Risk Assessment strategies and know how to apply such an assessment to reduce risks to yourself and others
- You will know which injuries can be caused by electricity and how to deal with them, including basic first aid and the after effects of electric shoc