Working with Allergens (induction compliance)
Allergy Awareness training for food and drink service staff has been a legal obligation in the UK since December 2014 but there is still a lack of awareness in businesses of the implications of not carrying this out. Staff cannot say ‘they don’t know’ in response to a customer question and understand the danger of ‘bluffing’ an answer. A recent prosecution has taken place resulting in 6 year prison sentence of a restaurant owner and regular surveys still show that 70-80% of customers don’t trust staff to give the correct information.
We offer modules for front of house staff and a module for chefs and managers that not only deliver the legal requirements but ensure your staff will be professional and confident and respect customer requests. The modules are endorsed by Vizion 21, a leading hospitality health and safety consultancy.
- Identify 14 major allergens and foods that contain them
- Identify key allergic reactions and the action you should take
- Read allergy labels and use the information to record correctly
- Identify how to declare allergens to customers
- Use best practice methods to minimise cross contamination of allergens
- State what information should be communicated to Food Service staff
This course is CPD Certified and endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality.