Food Safety Level 2
About the course
This course is designed to help food handlers – from chefs to waiting staff – learn and understand food safety legislation and ensure all food produced is safe to eat. The basic principles of food safety are covered within this course, which aims to fulfil the legal requirement for trained food handlers to carry out their job safely and effectively, and shows how to manage food, bacteria and biological hazards.
You will be able to...
- Outline legislation regarding food safety
- Describe the different types of contamination
- Identify the 14 food allergens and the symptoms of allergic reaction
- Explain food poisoning and food borne illness, and list the causes and symptoms
- Implement control measures in the kitchen to reduce the risk of illness
- Observe the strict personal hygiene standards required to produce food safely
- Carry out effective cleaning and disinfection procedures
- Recognise signs of pest infestation and implement necessary control measures
Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment consisting of 20 questions. 70% of the questions will need to be answered correctly in order to pass