Fire Safety Awareness
About the course
Fire safety is imperative to protect guests, staff and visitors in the hospitality sector. People can lose their lives or suffer serious injuries because of commercial fires.
The aim of this course is to provide those working within hospitality with an underpinning knowledge regarding fire safety procedures in the workplace. Learners will gain an understanding of the legal requirements placed on businesses to reduce the risk of fire and to ensure people can safely escape if a fire does occur.
You will be able to...
- State the principles of fire and how fire spreads
- Be aware of fire legislation and enforcement
- Understand fire detection systems and alarms
- Identify fire classifications
- Understand methods of extinguishing a fire
- Know what content forms part of a fire risk assessment
- Explain what actions to take on discovering a fire or hearing the fire alarm
Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment consisting of 20 questions. 70% of the questions will need to be answered correctly in order to pass