Sexual Harassment (UK)
The EssentialSkillz Sexual Harassment Online Training Course is aimed at creating awareness about sexual harassment in the workplace Sexual harassment is a form of sex discrimination prohibited under the law but is still a major problem in the workplace.
This training course covers the following:
- Describes what sexual harassment is and everyone’s responsibilities to prevent it.
- Outlines the appropriate ways to respond to sexual harassment
- Discusses the complaint process for sexual harassment cases and victims’ rights
It is defined as any unwanted conduct of a sexual nature that has the purpose or effect of:
- violating a person’s dignity or
- creating an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment
Even if a harasser did not intend to cause harm to a victim, it could still be a case of sexual harassment.
To help prevent sexual harassment, it is crucial that people:
- are aware of how other people might perceive different types of behaviour
- recognise behaviours that could be considered sexual harassment
- know how to respond if they experience or witness sexual harassment
- understand the importance of reporting and how to report a complaint
This course helps employees recognise sexual harassment through a range of scenario-based interactions. It also includes an interactive branching activity that explores how victims and bystanders can respond appropriately.