What does the word ‘slavery’ mean to you? You might think it’s something that happened in the past, but it’s not. Modern slavery is a heinous and often hidden crime and it remains very much in the present. Modern slavery is the grievous exploitation of people for personal or commercial gain. It includes slavery, servitude, forced and bonded labour, forced marriage, sex trafficking and human trafficking. The impact can be devastating for the victims, and many go undetected. Increased awareness and reporting will help law enforcement tackle perpetrators and protect victims. Which is why you should take this course.
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Identify what modern slavery is and who it affects.
- Describe warning signs to look out for.
- Identify the role of tech with modern slavery and learn how it can be used to combat it.
- Identify business’s responsibilities under the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
- Use reporting methods to refer potential victims.
Why should I take this course?
Modern slavery isn’t just a problem in one part of the world or one specific industry. It’s happening everywhere, in every field. So, whatever you do, and wherever you work, you can help making modern slavery ancient history. This course will examine the phenomenon of modern slavery, who it affects and how you can help. For businesses, it will also look at the relevant legislation. So if you’re a business leader perhaps pay particular attention as you have legal responsibilities to ensure that your business is compliant.