General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
This General Data Protection Regulation e-learning course has been designed to help learners to understand GDPR and how it will impact a business and its processes. This e-learning module will equip learners with the tools to be able to work within recommended processes and to understand the legislative and organisational frameworks that relate to their working environment.
This eLearning course is aimed at those working in health and social care that come into contact with and handle personal data within an organisation.
- Provides the starting point for any data protection training and is aimed at those who handle personal data within an organisation.
- Provides an introduction and some background to the new Data Protection Act and the GDPR which will be incorporated within this Act.
- Explains why the new legislation has been introduced; the similarities and differences between the old regime and the new one; and the enhanced rights we all have in relation to the processing of our personal data.
The learning outcomes of this course include:
- Introduction to the GDPR
- Key GDPR terminology
- Main differences between the Data Protection Act and the GDPR
- Principles of the GDPR
- Key roles and features of the GDPR
- The rights of Data subjects
- Lawful processing of personal data
- Subject access requests and how to deal with them
- Complying with the GDPR
- Privacy by design
- Data protection impact assessments (DPIA)
- Breach reporting and responses
- The role of the DPO.