General Data Protection Regulation - GDPR Refresher
The GDPR is a huge piece of law that came into force on 25th May 2018. It?s the biggest shake-up to data protection law in 20 years.
The primary aim of the GDPR is to give us more control over our individual, personal data.
This course gives you a refresher on the three main topics of GDPR - responsibilities, data protection and individual rights.
This course is for all staff in any organisation which handles (or processes) personal data in an operational capacity. In fact, anyone previously concerned with customer personal data under the DPA will benefit from this course.
At the end of this course you will understand:
- Why the new data protection law was introduced
- The key differences between the previous data protection regime and the new one
- The primary aims of the new data protection legislation
- Who the legislation applies to
- What rights people have over the processing of their data
- The grounds for the exercising of these rights
- What information needs to be provided to a data subject
- How to respond to subject access requests and other requests from individuals.
About this course
This course is split into four modules:
- Data Protection Principles
- Individual Rights
- Individual Rights Continued
The course focuses on the main and most popular topics of the GDPR course, providing crucial content and fast-paced quizzes to test your knowledge.