Drugs and Alcohol Misuse
Drug or alcohol misuse can affect you, your colleagues or friends, your organisation and can also contribute to a negative customer experience. This interactive and practical course looks at what you can do to protect yourself and others from drug and alcohol related issues.
This course covers::
- What is alcohol misuse?
- What is an alcohol unit?
- Low risk drinking guidelines
- The consequences of alcohol misuse
- Alcohol and pregnancy
- The benefits of drinking less alcohol
- What is a drug and what do we mean by ‘drug misuse’?
- Why are drugs addictive?
- The different categories and classifications of drugs
- The consequences of drug misuse
- Penalties and the law
Alcohol and drugs in the workplace
- The effects of alcohol and drug misuse on others
- Scenarios where learners deal with potential alcohol/drug misuse in the workplace
- What are the signs of misuse?
Prevention and drug prevention
- Primary/secondary/tertiary prevention
- Alcohol and drug support
- Where to get help
- Post course quiz based upon everything covered
How it works:
Whilst the course provides learners with an awareness of key issues regarding drug and alcohol misuse it is also very practical and immediately useful. As the learner progresses, they will be met with realistic scenarios concerning colleagues and will need to decide the best approach to take.
This course will provide learners affected by alcohol or drug misuse a starting point for getting to grips with their own situation or help them be well-placed to support others.
This course is suitable for both Managers and Employees.