Supporting LGBTQ+ Clients
This elearning course will help you gain a broad and deep understanding of how to support LGBTQ+ clients to live their authentic self safely and securely.
Undertaking this course will help you to understand LGBTQ+ identities, LGBTQ+ history, and how to effectively support these clients and create an action plan.
By the end of this e-learning module, you will have an understanding of the following learning outcomes:
- To understand the variety of LGBTQ+ Identities
- To understand the usage and changing LGBTQ+ terminology
- To understand how to balance personal beliefs and professional expectations
- To understand how to effectively support a client coming out or who may be hiding their sexual orientation
- To understand the law surrounding LGBT persons
- To understand what you can do to make a difference when supporting a client of LGBTQ+
- To understand what is an LGBTQ+ Action Plan is and your role in delivering it