Handling Violence and Aggression at Work
This course consists of one module, in which you will learn about workplace aggression and violence and how to manage conflict successfully in your place of work. Learn about how to deal with these difficult scenarios, today.
About this course
Work-related violence and aggression, including abuse, threats, or assault, are experienced across many industries and places of work.
This course shows you how to diffuse aggression when it arises, how to recognise when a situation could turn to violence, and what to do if it does. The skills learnt through this course will be invaluable to workers across the public sector.
The course contains additional resource materials, useful links and a refresher guide. You will automatically get a certificate on course completion, with your name, the CPD hours, the date and learning objectives.
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to learn what to do to help manage conflict, including how to avoid potentially violent situations, related to their line of work
This course is especially helpful for office workers and public sector staff, including those in administration, lone-workers, staff in education, and those in health and social care.
In this course you will learn:
- The scope of work-related violence
- The responsibilities of the employer
- What factors put workers at increased risk
- What causes people to become violent
- How to spot the signs of potential violence
- How to avoid provoking violence
- The best ways to defuse a potentially violent person or situation
- How to respond to a physical attack
- How to tackle phone- and cyber-rage