Managing Benefits® Foundation
ILX Group's fully accredited Managing Benefits Foundation e-learning takes approximately 10–12 hours to complete and fully prepares you for the Foundation examination. The e-learning is broken down into bite-size sessions, combining leading-edge multimedia and interactive exercises for optimum enjoyment and knowledge retention.
The Managing Benefits framework provides organisations with guidance on how to focus on what measurable benefits they need to deliver, to satisfy the strategic objectives of the organisation. This allows them to focus limited resources on the most beneficial activities. The purpose of the Managing Benefits guidance and certification scheme is to provide managers and practitioners from multiple disciplines, working in a variety of organisations, with generally applicable guidance encompassing benefits management principles, practices and techniques. The Foundation qualification is also a pre-requisite for the Practitioner qualification.
Certification / Exam
This course specifically provides the background knowledge for the related certification exam (which learners must pass in order to achieve the formal Certification). IMPORTANT: Please note that the certification EXAM IS NOT INCLUDED with this course. The exam can be purchased separately from the course publisher and booking details for the exam are provided on request.
By the end of the course you should be able to understand and describe the following:
- Definitions, scope and objectives of benefits management, barriers to its effective practice, and the key success characteristics
- Principles upon which successful approaches to benefits management are based
- Five practices contained within the benefits management cycle and relevant techniques applicable to each practice
- Scope of key roles and responsibilities for benefits management and the typical contents of the main benefits management documentation
- Approaches to implementation and the factors to consider in sustaining progress.
Managing Benefits is for all those with a role in ensuring best use of funds by maximising the benefits realised from change initiatives. This multi-disciplinary group includes:
- Change leaders (e.g. senior responsible owners and directors of change)
- Change initiators (e.g. strategic planners and policy leads)
- Change appraisers and evaluators (e.g. business case developers and project appraisers)
- Change implementers/enablers (e.g. portfolio, programme and project managers)
- Change support staff (e.g. portfolio, programme and project office staff)