Management of Value
ILX Group’s accredited MoV Foundation e-learning course covers all aspects of the MoV guidance. Using voice, animation and activities, the course takes approximately 6 hours to complete which is equivalent to a 2-day workshop.
The main body of the course consists of 11 sessions which covers MoV Principles, Processes and Techniques. It also covers MoV Approach and Implementation, the MoV Environment, Embedding MoV and the MoV Guidance Appendices.
- An exam simulator which results in exceptional pass rates
- Increased retention of learning
- Less time taken to learn
- Increased control and visibility of progress and achievement
- Reduced travel costs
- Accessible from any location
Certification / Exam
This course specifically provides the background knowledge for the related certification exam (which learners must pass in order to achieve the formal Certification). IMPORTANT: Please note that the certification EXAM IS NOT INCLUDED with this course. The exam can be purchased separately from the course publisher and booking details for the exam are provided on request.
- Corporate Managers – responsible for instigating MoV studies with a view to starting new programmes or projects
- Programme Managers – responsible for making sure programmes deliver the best value solutions taking into account the views of the stakeholders
- Project Managers – responsible for delivering products from their projects that represent the best value for money solutions
- Operational Managers – responsible for undertaking MoV studies to assist in reviewing operational procedures and improving efficiency
- All other personnel who have an interest or responsibility for Management of Value within their organisation
- The purpose and structure of the course
- The format and style of the MoV examination
Introduction to MoV
- The relationship between MoV and other best practice management products
- Definition of “value”
- Description of MoV in terms of terms of “what it is”, “where it can be used”, “when it should be used” and finally “what is involved in its use”
- Description of the 7 MoV principles
- Description of the 7 MoV processes
- Function Analysis
- Function Cost Analysis
- Value Engineering and Analysis
- Other common techniques often used in MoV
MoV Approach & Implementation
- Description of a generic process around which a study can be structured
- Description of the relationships between the MoV study leader and the rest of the team
- Description of the external and internal factors that affect MoV policies and strategies
- Description of the considerations for the portfolio, programme, project and operational environments
- Overview of the embedding process
- Key benefits of embedding MoV
- Key steps of embedding MoV
- Roles and responsibilities required when using MoV
- Overcoming barriers to implementation
- MoV documents
- MoV toolbox
- MoV health check
- MoV maturity modelling
MoV Foundation Examination Technique
- How to approach the MoV examination
MoV Examination Simulator
- Featuring sample questions in the style of the MoV examination and timed to assist your preparation.
The MoV course on this page is offered by ILX Group, an ATO of AXELOS Limited.
MoV® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.