India Cultural Awareness Course
This course provides insights and direction for business professionals working with Indian peers. By taking the course, learners will gain the skills and understanding to successfully navigate the key cultural challenges commonly faced by individuals working with Indians. The course will also equip learners with the ability to build positive, trusting relationships and to maximise their business outcomes.
Who should take this course:
This course is suitable for learners of all levels.
It has been produced with a professional audience in mind, whether from the private sector, government or NGO.
The course addresses many of the common cultural challenges faced by foreigners working with Indians, whether clients, colleagues, suppliers or anyone else.
This unique online training course is made up of 8 chapters focusing on specific aspects of Indian culture, the people and their approach to work and business.
- Chapter 1: Overview - Framing the course content, and benefits, to foreigners working with Indians.
- Chapter 2: Religion - Uncovering key influences behind the Indian world view and the way belief systems shape the culture.
- Chapter 3: Diversity - Learning about the cultural and ethnic diversity that exists within modern India.
- Chapter 4: Values - Understanding core Indian values and their impact on the Indian way of life.
- Chapter 5: Communication Style - Exploring the Indian approach to sharing information, giving opinions and managing disagreements, coupled with essential communication guidance for foreigners.
- Chapter 6: Business Culture - Covering critical aspects of Indian business culture, such as relationship building, dealing with conflict, agreeing outcomes, negotiations and meetings.
- Chapter 7: Etiquette & Taboos - Appreciating common taboos and etiquette to ensure foreigners don’t cause unnecessary offence or upset.
- Chapter 8: Stereotyping - Affirming that when working with anyone from Indian, it is important not to draw upon stereotypes.
Assessment is carried out during the course.
You will be asked multiple choice questions as well as questions based around case studies and workplace scenarios.
With a pass mark of 85%, the answers are marked automatically so you know instantly whether you have passed. If you don't pass, then not to worry! You can take the test as many times as you need and there’s no extra charge.