Windows XP Introduction
About the course
Windows XP is an operating system that controls the hardware and software on your computer. This system supports multi-tasking and enables one or several people to use a computer and common Windows software.
The Windows XP Introduction course takes you step by step through the core to intermediate tasks of the Windows XP operating system.
You’ll learn how to
- identify Functions of Windows XP
- work with the Taskbar and change date and time settings
- identify Start Menu components and open applications
- work with the Control Panel and use the Help Facility
- use multiple applications
- identify My Computer components and access Documents and Settings folder
- tailor the desktop appearance, including renaming and moving desktop icons, and changing desktop properties
- create a new folder, re-arrange, move, copy, and select objects and locate them using the Address bar
- identify Media Player components and view Audio File properties
There are 19 modules in this course:
- Desktop Basics
- Taskbar and Dialog Boxes
- Working in Windows
- Start Menu Tools
- WordPad Components
- Formatting WordPad Documents
- Working with Pictures
- Working with Multiple Applications
- My Computer Basics
- Using Folder Options
- Customising Display Settings
- Additional Customisation Tools
- Explorer Screen Components
- Using Windows Explorer
- Working with Files and Folders
- Recycle Bin and Floppy Disk Tools
- Customising Folders
- Media Player Components
- Working with Media Player
- Simulation training replicates the software you are learning providing a realistic learning experience.
- Learn how to perform tasks at your own pace and interactively by following easy step-by-step actions.
- Reinforce your knowledge at the end of each lesson by completing interactive and multiple choice quiz questions.
- Assess your skills at any time by undertaking the Course Test.
- Lessons can be completed within 30 minutes so training can be undertaken in “bite” size pieces.
- Bookmarking allows you to learn in multiple training sessions.
- Course navigation features allow you to jump directly to specific topics of interest quickly and easily.
- Designed for people who require initial and refresher training activities.
- Available on-line 24 hours a day.
- Version for Mobile Devices.
- Review course content with eBooks