About this course
Healthcare and medical professions have their own vocabulary, a specialised language that allows for quick and efficient communication between its members while minimising potential misunderstandings. Whether you are new to the medical profession or need a refresher class, we have a medical terminology course that will give you the boost you are looking for to further your career! In this course, we will cover the medical language and terminology used by healthcare professionals everywhere (in this specific subject area). If you’re interested in pursuing a health career and need the ability to communicate with medical professionals, you will find this course a perfect fit by providing you with a solid foundation in medical language.
This course forms one (subject-specific) module of our comprehensive "Medical Terminology" programme (which is comprised of 17 subject modules in total). The full programme is recommended if you require an extensive primer in various core aspects of medical terminology.
- Identify organs and structures of the integumentary system.
- Interpret and correctly spell word parts related to this organ system.
- Define, pronounce and spell common disorders, conditions and diseases of the integumentary system as well as their available treatment options.
- Interpret the meaning of abbreviations and acronyms related to the integumentary system.
- Familiarize yourself with clinical procedures and laboratory tests related to the integumentary system.
- Identify eponyms, abbreviations, and acronyms that pertain to the integumentary system.
- 3.0 Integumentary System Video
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.2 Layers
- 3.3 Epidermis
- 3.4 Terminology Review
- 3.5 Dermis
- 3.6 Hypodermis
- 3.7 Skin Functions
- 3.8 Skin Color
- 3.9 Medical Terms Pertaining to Skin Color
- 3.10 Accessory Structures
- 3.11 Hair
- 3.12 Nails
- 3.13 Surface Glands of the Skin
- 3.14 Sebaceous Glands (Oil Glands)
- 3.15 Sudoriferous Glands (Sweat Glands)
- 3.16 Sensory Receptors
- 3.17 Chapter 3 Activity 1
- 3.18 Term Review
- 3.19 Combining Forms
- 3.20 Chapter 3 Quiz 1
- 3.21 Diseases of the Skin - Local and Systemic
- 3.22 Primary Skin Lesions
- 3.23 Secondary Skin Lesions
- 3.24 Chapter 3 Activity 2
- 3.25 Inflammatory Skin Conditions
- 3.26 Bacterial & Fungal Skin Conditions
- 3.27 Terms for Infectious Skin Disorders – Review and Listen
- 3.28 Viral & Parasitic Skin Conditions
- 3.29 Genus and Species
- 3.30 Terms for Viral & Parasitic Skin Disorders – Review and Listen
- 3.31 Common Pigmentation Disorders
- 3.32 Common Skin Disorders
- 3.33 Terms for Common Skin Disorders – Review and Listen
- 3.34 Skin Exam
- 3.35 Skin Tests
- 3.36 Common Surgical Procedures
- 3.37 Cosmetic Procedures
- 3.38 Terms for Common Skin Procedures - Review and Listen
- 3.39 Abbreviations
- 3.40 Chapter 3 Quiz 2
- 3.41 Terminology Review
- 3.42 Combining Forms 2
- 3.43 Chapter Review
- 3.44 Chapter 3 Test
- 3.45 Integumentary System Chapter Survey