Anti Money Laundering
Money laundering is more common than many people think; HMRC estimates that £40 billion is laundered in the UK every year. Criminals use money laundering to turn their gains into seemingly 'honest' money, and terrorists use it to disguise the intended destination of the money. Money laundering enables criminals and terrorists to continue their illegal activities and has negative effects on financial sectors and the economy as a whole.
This highly interactive course prepares your employees to do their part to prevent money laundering, by taking on tasks such as due diligence and checking someone's identity.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe what money laundering is and how it is done
- Understand the UK legislation and regulations regarding moeny laundering and hat they cover
- Explain how to prevent money laundering
- Describe the consequences of non-compliance with the anti money laundering legislation
Topics explored in this course:
- Money laundering and terrorist financing
- Government anti money laundering legislation
- Preventing money laundering
- Consequences of non-compliance
Employees from all levels of an organisation