GDPR Foundation in 1 Hour - Get Certified
This course is designed and delivered in collaboration with Martin de Bruin, a recognised industry expert with over 20 years' experience in data protection, information governance and information security to provide you with the fundamental knowledge required and to prove that you understand the requirements of the legislation.
As a foundation course it can be seen as the first step towards practitioner level training for those individuals with more senior data processing responsibilities.
We have managed to compress a 7 hour long GDPR Foundation course into 1 hour of engaging content including video animation, case studies, a downloadable glossery for easy reference, and quizzes to test your knowledge and prepare you for the official exam.
You will learn:
- Essential General Data Protection Regulation background and terminology
- The six data protection principles
- The special categories of personal data
- The rights of data subjects, including data access requests
- The obligations of controllers and processors
- Data protection by design
- Securing personal data
- How to report data breaches
- The role of the data protection officer (DPO)
- Transferring personal data outside the EU
- The powers of supervisory authorities
- Module 1 - Introduction to Data Protection
- Module 2 - Data Protection Principles
- Case Studies
- Module 3 - Lawful Processing & Delegated Acts
- Case Studies
- Module 4 - Rights of the Data Subject
- Module 5 - GDPR Roles
- Case Studies
- Module 6 - Transfers of personal data
- Case Study
- Module 7 - Supervisory Authorities
- Case Study
After completing the course you will have the required knowledge to sit the official exam with IBITGQ to obtain EU GDPR Foundation Certificate.
Please Note: This exam isn't included with this course, and must be purchased seperately from the exam provider.
This is an ISO 17024-certificated, 60-minute, multiple-choice exam set by IBITGQ and is taken online.
There are two online exam formats. The format taken will depend on your computer’s operating system.
Duration: 60 minutes
Exam format: closed book, multiple choice
Exam pass mark: 39/60 questions (65%)
About the Instructor:
Martin de Bruin a recognised industry expert with over 20 years' experience in data protection, information governance and information security.
I am an accomplished and experienced information technology approved trainer working as an associate with a number of global training providers. As a qualified trainer I also hold accreditations in MSP, MoR, Prince2, ITIL, ISO20000, Six Sigma, DevOPs, AgilePM, CISMP and EU GDPR.
I have been delivering technology and InfoSec training for 2 years in a professional capacity supported by over twenty years of experience within both the private and public sector, where I have managed and delivered technology enabled programmes for global shared services, media, Telco and outsourced services providers, dealing with complex budgets in excess of £5 million. I am an accomplished and experienced ITSM Programme & Project Manager with over twenty years of experience. I have managed and delivered technology enabled programmes for global shared services, media, Telco and outsourced services providers within the private and public sector.
I deliver training and consultancy services to individuals and corporates within industries such as insurance, finance and technology. Topics covered include EU GDPR implementation, ISO27001 readiness assessment and other information security requirements.
I have confidence in my abilities supported by excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills. I am an effective negotiator capable of managing diverse stakeholder groups and their expectations at all levels within an organisation. I am able to present complex conceptual ideas to technical and non-technical audiences.
Areas of Expertise
- Information Security Management
- Data Protection
- Programme Management
- Project Management
- Risk Management / Information Risk Assessment
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- ISO20000 Auditing / ISO27001 Implementation
- IT Service Transition
- IT Service Implementation
- IT Service Governance